[GushShalom] Israelis & Palestinians Join Worldwide Anti-War Protests

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Thu Feb 13 01:05:45 IST 2003

/////////////////
     Gush Shalom
     /////////////////////////

International release
Feb.13, 2003

Israelis & Palestinians Join Worldwide Anti-War Protests

Gush Shalom, which is actively taking part can be reached at:
+972-3-5565804 /  +972-56-709603 / +972-54-412369

[here follows the organizers' joint statement]

Israelis & Palestinians Protest War Against Iraq
Simultaneously with Over 350 Demonstrations Worldwide

Saturday, 15.2.03 - 18:00
March from Cinematheque to Museum Plaza
Tel-Aviv

On Saturday, February 15th, Palestinians and Israelis will
demonstrate, simultaneously with over 350 worldwide
demonstrations and rallies protesting the superfluous military
attack of Iraq for the sake of control over oil and American
hegemony in the world.

Israeli participating organizations include: Balad, Gush
Shalom, Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions,
Hadash, Yesh Gvul, Black Laundry, Mada, Taayush-Arab
Jewish Partnership, The Alternative Information Center,
Coalition of Women for Peace: Bat Shalom, Machsom Watch,
Noga-Feminist Journal, Nalad, Women in Black, New Profile,
Tandi, WILP and Fifth Mother. Buses of demonstrators will be
coming from throughout Israel.

Statement of the participating organisations: "With an
American attack against Iraq, all the peoples of the Middle
East, including us -- Israelis and Palestinians -- will pay the
price: Death, destruction and more wars. And still, the Israeli
public is indifferent, perceiving this war to be a natural disaster
that cannot be prevented. The time has come to raise our
voices against this war, for the sake of all of us and on behalf
of a peaceful future in the Middle East.

For further information and interviews with participants and
organisers, please contact: Trees: 04-6745821 / Ronni: 054-
700640, 02-6241159, 02-6241424

---
On our site:
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/english/index.html (English)

\\photo's - of action or otherwise informative
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad - in Hebrew and English
\\the columns of Uri Avnery - in Hebrew, Arab and English
\\and an archive full of interesting documents

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for:
Articles and documents in German
Articles and documents in French
Articles and documents in Spanish

In order to receive our Hebrew-language
press releases [mostly WORD documents -
not always same as English] mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

To get forwarded reports and announcements which we
receive + a selection of English-language articles, send one
blank mail to: TOI_Billboard-subscribe at topica.com

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can send
a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive donations
on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt.
More official receipts at request only.