[GushShalom] Monday, at the Barghouti trial, we will be there

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Sat Jul 12 21:33:50 IDT 2003

GUSH SHALOM  pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 www.gush-shalom.org

FYI
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Marwan Barghouti trial, Monday T-A District Court
Important to be there
= = = = = = = = = = =

The Monday July 14 session of the Barghouti trial may turn out to be
the last session before the verdict. Now would be the time for him to
present his defence, but as you know: he won't, and he will probably
make a speech explaining why he doesn't recognize the authority of an
Israeli court in his case.
Because of the more recent experience Adv. Shammai Leibowitz
estimates that, if we arrive in time, we may get in, and it is important to
be there - to show another kind of presence in what became the
Sharon government's show trial, and also in the context of the now
actual more general question of prisoners release.

IF you can make it at that hour, please come - and come in time.

Meeting point:
Monday morning, July 14, 8.30 - corner Weizman / Shaul Hamelech.
On the spot will be a briefing on how to make our presence visible in
case they won't let us in.

The trial itself  begins at 9.00 in the room of Judge Sara Sirota, on the
4th floor.

For info: Adam Keller 03-5565804 / 056-709603

--
A map of the separation wall:

http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/hebrew.html (òáøéú)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/index.html (English)

--
Our site:
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú)

with
\\photos - of actions or otherwise informative
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad - in Hebrew and English
\\the columns of Uri Avnery - in Hebrew, Arab and English
\\and an archive full of interesting documents

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for:
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

In order to receive our Hebrew-language
press releases [mostly WORD documents -
not always same as English] mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

To get more of the forwarded reports and announcements
which we receive from other organizations + a selection of
English-language articles, send one blank mail to:
TOI_Billboard-subscribe at topica.com

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.