[GushShalom] -> Liquidation -> Terrorist Attack -> Liquidation -> Terrorist Attack -> Liquidation -> Terrorist Attack ->

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Thu Sep 4 00:02:15 IDT 2003

GUSH SHALOM  pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 www.gush-shalom.org

Tel-Aviv, Sept 3, 2003
International release
.
-> Liquidation -> Terrorist Attack -> Liquidation -> Terrorist Attack ->

The passers-by on their way home in Tel-Aviv's Kaplan Street between
6 and 7  saw opposite the Defence Ministry a series of round signs
with the words "Liquidation" and "Terrorist Attack" chasing each other
in a merry go round. Under it one big banner: "Occupation is Terror."
The people holding these signs: a few dozen Gush Shalom activists of
mostly respectable age, Uri Avnery among them who celebrates next
week his eightieth birthday and several other senior activists of different
backgrounds - such as Teddy Katz and Latif Dori (Meretz), Yoram
Gozanski (Communists) and the revolutionary adv. Yossi Schwartz
who had especially come from Jerusalem.

[Where were the young people, who mostly join such actions? Only a
few showed up. It turned out that there had been some lack of
coordination: exactly at the time of our protest against the liquidation
policy another protest
took place, also in Tel-Aviv and partly drawing from the
same circles - a protest against the abominable behavior
of the government towards migrant  workers (it had been
publicly declared that their children would be detained
and deported). The protest had been organized by the
migrant workers, and they invited Israelis to join in -
too late for either one to make changes.]

Meanwhile, those who were there noticed an interesting
phenomenon. The Gush Shalom signs described above were
rather shocking for some, but the majority of the people
reacted friendly - some making even special efforts from
their vehicles to shout support: "Thank you for doing
this!"

"Does this help", asked one of the newer faces among the
protesters. "Whether it will  help one never knows;
perhaps a few people who see us will start thinking,
perhaps not. But still one thing is sure: worse than
holding a small powerless vigil against a big evil is to
stay home and not even shout."

--
On the Gush Shalom website you have been updated about the reality
and further plans for the Separation Wall.

But did you already see:

The brochure about The Wall
Hebrew or English
including maps
(hardcopy)

5 Shekel each - which amounts to US$1.10
(from ten up: US$1 each)

We accept postal orders from 50 Shekel (US$10) and up. For
oversea's sending we have to ask an additional US$8 (US$3 bank fees,
+ US$5 postal expenses. For orders of US$50 and up, no need to add
the $8.
Special conditions for bulk distribution of the Hebrew version; please
phone to the Gush answering machine 03-5221732 and leave your
number.

Send a check in your own currency (or cash wrapped well in an extra
piece of paper) with your order to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

If you live overseas and only want one brochure, then, please, send us
cash (NB!) US$2 or equivalent in your own currency and include a self-
addresses airmail envelope (the elongated type).

--
The last few months through the eyes of "The Other Israel" - the
August-September issue is out. 28 pages with political analysis,
otherisr at actcom.co.il

--
A map of the separation wall:

http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/hebrew.html (òáøéú)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/index.html (English)

--
[from the Coalition Against The Wall]
Invitation to sign the Petition Against The Apartheid

Now, when the Palestinians are engaging in nonviolent protests against
this unjust wall (which will bring no security to Israel),
we—Palestinians, Israelis, and Internationals of the Mas’ha Peace
Camp—ask you to help stop construction, NOW.

(The building of the Apartheid Wall in the Occupied Territories is now at
a critical stage.  The completed sections of the wall have already
caused considerable suffering to the Palestinian population.  Homes
have been demolished, thousands of olive trees uprooted, acres upon
acres of land have been expropriated, roads have been destroyed--all to
make way for this monster.)

Add your voices to the Petition against construction of the Wall.
Read and sign the petition on:
stopthewall.org.il/cgi-bin/petition.cgi?_conf=petition

--
Our site:
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú)

with
\\photos - of actions or otherwise informative
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad - in Hebrew and English
\\the columns of Uri Avnery - in Hebrew, Arab and English
\\and an archive full of interesting documents

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for:
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

In order to receive our Hebrew-language
press releases [mostly WORD documents -
not always same as English] mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

To get more of the forwarded reports and announcements
which we receive from other organizations + a selection of
English-language articles, send one blank mail to:
TOI_Billboard-subscribe at topica.com

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.