(Fwd) URGENT: Susan Barclay to be Forcibly Deported NOW

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Thu Feb 27 20:46:18 IST 2003

Please, phone NOW to the PM's office:

972-(0)2 670 5555 / 10

and demand to stop immediately any
attempt to deport Susan Barclay
in contravention with the decision of Israel's
own legal system, i.c. the Hadera District Court.

From:           	"International Solidarity Movement" <ism-
alerts at palsolidarity.org>
Date sent:      	Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:02:36 +0200
Subject:        	[palsolidarity] URGENT:  Susan Barclay to be Forcibly
Deported in Two Hours

I have just received a call from Susan Barclay who is in Mikhal Prison and
spoke to me on a phone that had been smuggled into her.

She told me that the guards have told her that she is going to be deported
at 10 pm tonight but she is determined to resist to stay in the country and
continue the struggle for a free Palestine.

We have contacted her lawyer and he has told her that the deportation is a
pre-emption of the legal process and is totally illegal and that if she is in the
country tomorrow morning she he can defend her.

Susan has been working with the ISM in the city of Nablus for the past six
months documenting Israeli war crimes against the people of Nablus and
the surrounding villages and confronting the occupation of the West Bank
through non-violent direct action.  Because of this she was detained and
arrested at an Israeli military checkpoint last Thursday and has been
served with a deportation order on the bassis that she is a security threat
to the state of Israeli.

It is up to Susan now to see if she can successfully resist her deportation
from the country but you can help her in this by contacting the Israeli
embassy/ consulate in your part of the world and demanding that the
Israeli authorities observe due process and that this extraordinary young
woman be granted her day in court where she can defend herself against
the charges that her presence in Israel and Palestine constitutes a threat to
Israel's security.

Please contact your local Israeli mission and inform them that the world is
watching and demand that the Ministry of the Interior abort this illegal
deportation of a non-violent humanitarian activist.

The contact details for Israeli Missions around the world are as follows:

Australia: 02 6273 1309 / 1300
Canada: 613 567 6450
France: 01 40 76 55 00
Germany: 0228 934 6500
Ireland: 01 668 0303
Netherlands: 070 376 0500
New  Zealand:  04  472 2362 / 8
UK:  020 7957 9500
USA: 202 364 5500

If you are an Israeli supporter of the ISM you can phone the Prime
Minister' Office on:02 670 5555 / 10

The time now is 8 pm.  You have 2 hours to help save Susan from
deportation.

Michael
ISM Media Coordinator
Beit Sahour