fwd: Appeal to World Public Opinion From Palestinians Under Siege

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Mon Mar 10 17:23:26 IST 2003

/////////////////
     Gush Shalom
     /////////////////////////

International release
March 10, 2003

The following appeal is the result of many frantic meetings and
consultations among Palestinian activists, NGO's and political
organizations - covering the entire spectrum of Palestinian opinion and
including people and groups who traditionally oppose each other, but all
united in forming The Palestinian Emergency Committees (PEC),  in the
face of what may happen during Bush's soon-to-launched war on Iraq.

Several of these groups have approached Gush Shalom and other Israeli
peace groups. Efforts are underway to coordinate with as wide as possible
a range of Israelis, but because of the urgency of the matter Ui Avnery who
drafted an Israeli Statement of Support, asked not to wait any longer with
disseminating the following. Consultations with fellow peace activists and
groups will focus on action on the ground.