[GushShalom] Israeli-Palestinian action against insatiable Wall, Saturday

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Tue Apr 29 18:19:24 IDT 2003

GUSH SHALOM - pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 - http://www.gush-shalom.org/

While Abu Mazen is meeting the Palestinian parliament, and while the IDF with the  assassination of
Gaza PFLP leader Nidal Salameh continues its torpedo campaign we also continue with our actions.

FYI: the following invitation was sent to our activists.

You are invited to participate on Saturday in an
Israeli-Palestinian joint action against the insatiable Wall:

We say No to the Wall of Transfer!
Information and Protest action:
Saturday, May the 3rd 2003 in Mas'ha

With the pretext of the settlers' security concerns, the Wall of Apartheid is being erected deep in the heart
of the Palestinian territories. The Wall is being built on agricultural land confiscated from Palestinian
villages. The dispossessed Palestinian peasants, caught in between the Wall and the 'green line' without
any sources of income and livelihood, are being forced to leave their land.
The Wall is not built in order to secure the safety of Israeli citizens but in order to gain hegemony and
control over the water resources; for the sake of the de-facto annexation of the settlements to Israel; to
bisect the Palestinian territories into small isolated enclaves void of territorial contiguity and
viability, and in order
 to create a border zone
'clean' of Palestinians.
Thousands of Palestinians have already left their homes because of lack of means to survive.
In April 23, 2003, the bulldozers have arrived to the village Mas'ha, adjacent to the Israeli settl
ement Elkanah. Elkana
is about 7 kilometers away from the green line, but the route of the fence, approved in the governm
ent meeting of June
24, was changed so that it will include Elkana as well in the Israeli side. The bulldozers have sta
rted to separate
Mas'ha, in effect, from its only remaining source of livelihood after two and a half years of closu
re. 98% of the lands of
Mas'ha will be placed in the Israeli side of the fence - between the fence and the green line, toge
ther with thousands of
dunams of Bidia Sanniriya and other villages in the area. Along with the lands that will be cut off
 the villages, the fence
disconnects the road from Jenin to Ramallah, a segment of which will now be in the Israeli side of
the fence, thus
establishing further the isolation of the Palestinian enclaves from each other.
We say NO to the 'Silent Transfer'

                        Join us in a demonstration of solidarity
                             with the people of  Mas'ha against
                                            the Wall of Transfer

Transportation:

11:30 - Binyaney Ha Uma- Jerusalem
12:20 - Habima Parking, Tel Aviv
12:30 - Rakevet Tzafon, Tel Aviv

More details: Jonathan 066 - 327736
Together against the Wall of Transfer
Gush Shalom - Alternative Information Center - Israeli Committee against House Demolition - Alterna
tive Action
http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/hebrew.html
http://www.btselem.org/ (look under publications 2003)

--
A map of the separation wall:

http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/hebrew.html
http://www.gush-shalom.org/thewall/index.html (English)

--
Did you know (y)our protest was succesful?
BBC was brought back to the Israeli screens.

--
Our site:
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú)

with
\\photo's - of action or otherwise informative
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad - in Hebrew and English
\\the columns of Uri Avnery - in Hebrew, Arab and English
\\and an archive full of interesting documents

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for:
Articles and documents in German
Articles and documents in French
Articles and documents in Spanish

In order to receive our Hebrew-language
press releases [mostly WORD documents -
not always same as English] mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

To get forwarded reports and announcements which we receive + a selection of English-language artic
les, send one
blank mail to: TOI_Billboard-subscribe at topica.com

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an e
xtra piece of
paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our confirmation of receipt.
More official receipts at request only.