Demonstrations and protest actions in Israel

otherisr at actcom.co.il otherisr at actcom.co.il
Thu Sep 11 08:57:20 IDT 2003

The Israeli-Palestinian joint demonstration at Kalandia Checkpoint,
which was planned for this Saturday, is cancelled due to the extremely
tense situation in the Ramallah region. Following are several actions
which do take place. In addition, we know that Peace Now is
considering an emergency action - we will give detailas when they are
available.

1) The Assasinations policy kills us all - protest vigils in Tel-Aviv and
Jerusalem.
2) Cease fire now - Gush Shalom ad.
3) Women against the seperation wall.
4) Water convoy to the Negev.
1) The Assasinations policy kills us all - protest vigils in Tel-Aviv and
Jerusalem.
We will demonstrate today, Thursday, at 6:00 PM
In Tel Aviv, in front of Ministry of Defense (Kaplan st.)
In Jerusalem, in front of the Prime Minister Office (Government
compound)
We urge all individuals and organizations to join us.
Please bring with you appropriate signs, and all your friends.
This action is initiated by Ta'ayush and joined by Gush Shalom. All
other groups
and organizations are welcome to join in.
Facing the determination of Ariel Sharon,
the Israeli Government and the Hamas to
kill all of us, and in light of the silence
and consent in which the killing and the
horrors are accepted, with no protest, we,
Arabs and Jews, will demonstrate tomorrow
against the assassination policy, against
the killing of civilians, against the
occupation and for sanity, peace, equality
and security for the two peoples.
We have been silent long enough and sunk
into despair. If we did nothing after
Saturday, we cannot sit still anymore. Each
assassination leads to a bomb attack, each
bomb attack leads to the next
assassination. Killing causes more killing,
violence brings about more hate, despair
and death.
We will not be thousands, but this isn't a
reason to stay at home: we must make our
voice be heard. Together, it can be loud.

For further inquiries:
Tel Aviv: Ronen 067-579509 Wiam 054-739982
Jerusalem: Yigal 067-399001
2) Cease fire now - Gush Shalom ad

CEASE FIRE – NOW!

Stop the “liquidations”.

Stop the suicide bombings!

This is murder and that is murder.

This is terror and that is terror.

Give Abu-Ala a chance!

Arrange a cease-fire at once!

Gush Shalom,
Help us with donations to
P.O.Box 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033,
Phone 972-3-5221732.
{ HYPERLINK http://www.gush-shalom.org }www.gush-shalom.org
Requests for information about current actions:
{ HYPERLINK mailto:info at gush-shalom.org }info at gush-shalom.org

     Gush Shalom ad to be published in Ha'aretz, Fraidy Sept. 12.

3) Women against the seperation wall

AN ETHICAL, POLITICAL PROTEST
TUESDAY, 16 SEPT,  MORNING
EAST JERUSALEM - ABU-DIS
Israeli women. {Palestinians and Jews}, working against the
wall, will set out on Tuesday morning to the building site in Abu-
Dis in order to document and protest the work being done there.
Please bring with you other women and also writing accessories,
cameras {of all kinds}, tape-recorders, field glasses and other
equipment for documentation.
For further information. As to exact time and meeting point pls.
Call:
Tsilli : 056-403429
Lily : 053-966281

4) Water convoy to the Negev

        The Bedouins are Thirsty - for Water and for Recognition

JOIN US!

We are organizing a WATER CONVOY to the Negev, to show our disdain with the
government's policies of non-recognition and withholding of basic services.

There are still 70,000 citizens of Israelliving in45 officially unrecognized villages in our
Negev.

These villagers still do not receive any basic services - no electricity, no running water, no
sewage system, no garbage collection...

Electricity, for those who can afford it, is supplied by generator a couple of hours in the
evening. Water - is still collected at collection points and transported to the villages by
tractors... sewage and garbage, well...

The government is withholding these basic services for the last 50 years, and continues to
do so in order to pressure the Bedouins into urban dwellings, in contradiction to all their
cultural ideals and life style. There is no goodwill from the government to negotiate a
reasonable compromise, only the policy of withholding minimal services and of house
demolitions.

we will drive in a convoy with water tanks to the Negev; set up a water provision spot
where the villagers will fill their water tanks to take back to their villages; talk to the
residents of the unrecognized villages; we will then share food and listen to short lectures,
and then music. The evening will end at about 19:30.

Our timetable:

Friday, Sept 19th:
13:30: leaving Tel Aviv, train station, and Jerusalem Gan Hapamon
14:30:Meeting of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem convoys atKastina
16:00:Meeting upwith the Negev residentsat Shoket Junction (by McDonalds)
16:30:Arrival at Tel Arad - the village we are visiting.
17:30:light meal, lectures and music.
19:30: leaving for home.

What to bring:

1. Friends and Family!
2. We will be providing some of the supper. Please bring fruit, or anything else to add to
this meal.
Make sure to have enough foodto last you until supper.
3. Warm clothes! A sweater - it is cold in the Arad area in the evenings.
4. Decorate your car with appropriate slogans! We want to promote awareness to the
lack of services, and in particular water, in the unrecognised villages. Some 'decoration
material' will be provided at the starting points.
Suggestions for slogans (they appear in Hebrew in the Hebrew part of this invitation):

The Bedouins are thirsty for water and for recognition
Thirst for recognition in the Negev
Stop the house demolitions in the Negev
The Bedouins too are citizens of Israel
and our name:Forum Hakara.

for information on carpooling and transportation: Amos 09 9523261
for all else: Yeela 051 701118

Thisconvoy is organized by Forum Hakara, with the help of "Beyahad" Forum. Forum
Hakara is a coalition ofhuman rights organizations and peace organizations which
includes the following: The Association of Forty, Bustan HaShalom, The Israeli
Committee Against House Demolitions, The Negev Coexistence Forum, New Profile,
Rabbis for Human Rights, Village committees of various Unrecognized Villages and
Ta'ayush.