[GushShalom] 18 Rafah houses today - earlier this week 23

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Thu Jun 3 16:57:36 IDT 2004

GUSH SHALOM - pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 - www.gush-shalom.org/

International release, Thursday, June 3:

                            ################
                      T O D A Y   I N   R A F A H
                       18    HOUSES    DESTROYED
                       EARLIER   THIS   WEEK   23

AN IMMEDIATE OUTBURST OF WORLDWIDE CONCERN MAY HAVE SOME IMPACT

               P L E A S E   S E N D  O N C E   M O R E
                         Y O U R   P R O T E S T
                            ################

The world's attention went in another direction, and the bulldozers are
back. But maybe, so short after Rafah was in the spotlight, your renewed
protest would again help stop them. We should address Tommy Lapid,
Israel's Justice Minister who ten days ago remembered what happened to
his own grandmother, and all the Foreign Ministries of the world - and
again the Israeli embassies (seems to have a more than average effect).

Sample letter (for creative use)

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOUR GRANDMOTHER HAD NEIGHBORS

Dear Minister of Justice of the State of Israel Mr Lapid.

Your courage to say loud what you said about your grandmother has made a
deep impression. And it seemed to send away the bulldozers from Rafah -
but only for a few days. Meanwhile 41 more houses have been demolished
there, for no other reason than that the army wants to push through with
its original plan. In the pace of this week it will take less than three
months to "finish the project." I don't have to tell you that this is a
war crime. Our hope is that you won't let it pass, even not when it is
done piecemeal.

Sincerely
[your name and address]
		--

Please send it by fax (if you can) AND email to:

Minister of Justice Yosef Lapid
Ministry of Justice
29 Salah al-Din Street
Jerusalem 91010, Israel
Fax:  +972 2 6285438
E-mail: sar at justice.gov.il

and a copy to:
Secretary of State Colin Powell <secretaryofstate at USA.gov>
Fax: +1-202-261-8577

and/or to the Foreign Minister of your country

and to the editors of the daily paper(s)of your choice

and to:
Kofi Annan ecu at un.org,
Mr. Terje Rod Larsen <unsco at palnet.com>,
Mr. Romano Prodi <romano.prodi at cec.eu.int>

NB: Don't forget to also send it to the nearest Israeli Embassy:
http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/israel1.htm (It will be
good when the foreign ministry will be alarmed by many of its
embassies)

for your convenience, here are the combined email addresses we
vollected (please add your own):

To: sar at justice.gov.il
Copies to: secretaryofstate at USA.gov, ecu at un.org,
unsco at palnet.com, romano.prodi at cec.eu.int

for a regularly updated site of life in Rafah (by just somebody)
http://www.rafahtoday.org

Read also:

Disengaged from reality

By Amira Hass

 Wed., June 02, 2004 Sivan 13, 5764
 Hebrew:
 http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArtPE.jhtml?itemNo=434247

# Here follows the text of the ad to be published in Hebrew in
Ha'aretz, tomorrow June 4, & on the Gush Shalom website

THE "DISENGAGEMENT" IS A FRAUD

The media have a ball with the fictitious "Disengagement Plan"
and the ridiculous "Cabinet Crisis". But on the ground Sharon
is in full action.

On the 37th anniversary of the occupation, the destruction of
Rafah goes on, the mistreatment at the checkpoints continues
and the building of the inhuman wall progresses.

Now the Wall has reached a-Ram.

The wall cuts the town into pieces and cuts it off from its
vicinity. The inhabitants will be unable to reach their working
places, hospitals, schools and even their cemetery. This wall
will not give us security.

The "Disengagement Plan" is a fraud. The path of the wall is
reality.
			-------------------------------
			Come and see! Come and protest!
			-------------------------------
Tomorrow, Saturday, we shall tour the path of the wall at a-Ram
and take part in a big, joint Israeli-Palestinian protest
demonstration. For details call the Gush office.

						***

# Truth against Truth - opposite views on the history of the
conflict
  in 101 steps

Hebrew / òáøéú
http://www.gush-shalom.org/Docs/Truth_Heb.pdf

English
http://www.gush-shalom.org/Docs/Truth_Eng.pdf

# Boycott List of Settlement Products (newly updated)

Hebrew / òáøéú
http://gush-shalom.org/Boycott/boycheb.htm

English
http://gush-shalom.org/Boycott/boyceng.htm

# For pictures of the Rafah destruction:

http://www.rafahtoday.org

# Refusniks

Constantly-updated refusniks lists:

English - http://www.yesh-gvul.org/english/prison/
Hebrew / òáøéú - http://www.yesh-gvul.org/prison/

English - http://www.newprofile.org/default.asp?language=en
Hebrew / òáøéú - http://www.newprofile.org/

Help us free our children from the military prison! (parents of The Five)
          For ENGLISH details please click
http://www.refuz.org.il/help.html
          For HEBREW please click
http://www.refuz.org.il/hebrew/help.html
          Homepage with lots of information:
http://www.refuz.org.il/

# Eye-witness reports from the Occupied Territories:

http://www.machsomwatch.org
  (Israeli women monitoring the checkpoints)
http://www.palsolidarity.org/pressreleases/pressreleases.php
  (internationals throughout OT)

--
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú/Hebrew)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/english/index.html (English)

with
\\photos of recent actions
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad
\\the columns of Uri Avnery
\\Gush Shalom's history & action chronicle
\\position papers & analysis (in "documents")
\\and a lot more

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

In order to receive Gush Shalom's Hebrew-language
press releases mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

Archive of email reports:
https://mailman.gush-shalom.org/pipermail/gush-
shalom/2004/thread.html#start

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.