[GushShalom] Your protest may again turn the scales for Akaba village

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Thu Oct 23 02:59:39 IST 2003

GUSH SHALOM  pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 www.gush-shalom.org

International alert (addresses for protest included)
Tel-Aviv, October 23

While we can do  little to stop the ongoing cycle of violence Israeli
peace activists are rather mobilizing to take part in the olive harvest.

But there is something everybody can do, something which is not
dependent on physical condition or geographical distance. We got an
alarming phonecall from Akaba village. Two and a half years ago we
asked you to .help preserve its only health clinic -  for which a
demolition order had been issued. Then, your protests helped; the
clinic is still there.

But the village is again threatened. This time, the peasant families
received for  12 out of the 18 houses  AND the Mosqe AND the
Kindergarten demolition orders.

No problems of terrorism in Akaba; the  hamlet doesn't pose any
security threat whatsoever. Its only sin: that it is located in "C-area",
that is: the area which Sharon wants to annex, and preferably empty.

Please, make your critical questions heard - by phone, fax and/or
email

The first to be addressed:
Commander, Civil Administration
Fax 972 2 9977326 (or!!! phone him: 972-(0)2-9977341)

Further fax and email addresses (for sending copies):

fax numbers:
Minister of Defence Shaul Mofaz:
Fax: +972-3-696-27-57 / +972-3-691-69-40 / +972-3-691-79-15
Israeli Foreign Minister:  +972-(0)2-5303506
General Manager Israeli Foreign Ministry: +972-(0)2-5303704
Situation Room Israeli Foreign Ministry: +972-(0)2-5303896
Head of IDF Legal Department General Menachem Finkelstein Fax
+972-(0)3-5693270
Secretary of State Colin Powell Fax: +1-202-261-8577
Prime Minister Tony Blair, Fax +44-207-925-0918
European Union, Jerusalem, Fax: + 972- (0)2-532 6249
UN Special Coordinator, Gaza, Fax: +972-(0)8- 282-0966

email addresses:
Prime Minister Ariel Sharon <pm_eng at pmo.gov.il>
Spokesperson of the Prime Minister <dover at pmo.gov.il>
Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz <sar at mod.gov.il>, pniot at mod.gov
Spokesperson Defense Ministry <info at mail.idf.il>
Foreign Minister Silwan Shalom <sar at mofa.gov.il>
"Secretary of State,  Colin Powell" <secretary at state.gov>,
French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin <premier-ministre at premier-
ministre.gouv.fr>
"Mr. Terje Rod Larsen Personal Representative of the Secretary
General to the United Nations in Palestine" unsco at palnet.com,
lemore at un.org
European Union, Jerusalem, Email mailto at delwbg.cec.eu.int
UN Special Coordinator, Gaza, Email unsco at palnet.com
Sérgio Vieira de Mello UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
<1503 at ohchr.org>
European Parliament Belgian Office <epbrussels at europarl.eu.int>

Village contact: Haj Sami Sadek +972-(0)55-795286 / +972-(0)59-
208512
fax: +972-(0)9-2574073

--
Please, sign the international petition being organized by the
Stop the Wall movement at the following link:

>From Hawaiian Gardens to Jerusalem:
about how to stop Irving Moskovitz
http://www.stopmoskowitz.org/

Online support for the pilot's letter;
http://www.tayasim.org.il/support.asp?

--
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/english/index.html (English)

with
\\photos - of actions or otherwise informative
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad - in Hebrew and English
\\the columns of Uri Avnery - in Hebrew, Arab and English
\\position papers & analysis (in "documents")
\\and a lot more

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for:
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

In order to receive our Hebrew-language
press releases [mostly WORD documents -
not always same as English] mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.