[GushShalom] Not in our Name ! ìà áùîðå last chance to sign & more

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Fri Feb 20 19:25:36 IST 2004

GUSH SHALOM  pob 3322, Tel-Aviv  61033 âåù ùìåí, ú.ã.,3322 úì àáéá

Gush Shalom and the other groups forming together the Anti-Wall
Coalition invite you to TWO EQUALLY IMPORTANT ACTIVITIES:

-- Signing the petition (if you didn't yet) which has to published already
   Monday (start of proceedings re the wall by the International Court)
-- Showing up at the protest rally Monday 7.30 pm outside the PMs
Residence J'lem

[Read also about an action Sunday & important developments in the
refuser movement]

1# Not in our Name ! ìà áùîðå

   Does your name appear already among Israelis Against The Wall?
   Sign up Hebrew/English      / /  çéúîå òáøéú/àðâìéú
   <http://www.gush-shalom.org/petitions/stop/index.html>
  or by sending email to: <gader_ad at yahoo.com>
  checks made out to  “Ha’aretz Newspaper” to the address:
  POB 2030, Jerusalem  91020 [NB: earlier we had a mistake in the
zip!] .   Further information: Itay 067-300697.

2#  Monday 23.02 at 7.30 pm - Protest Rally outside the Prime
Minister’s Residence J'lem
      N.B.: There will be transportation from Tel-Aviv and Haifa.

3# Refusers-update & action Sunday

1# Not in our Name ! ìà áùîðå

We, the undersigned, citizens of Israel, completely reject Sharon
government’s claim that the “Separation Fence” which is being built in
the occupied territories is intended to defend our  safety and security.

This fence is being built deep inside the Palestinian territory. It is
cutting through towns and villages, it is destroying and confiscating
fields and olive groves, it separates between farmers and their  lands,
between students and their schools, between patients and  hospitals,
and it is turning the life of a whole population into hell.
This fence is annexing settlements to Israel and imprisoning the
Palestinians in enclaves with the aim of preventing any future
possibility of creating a viable Palestinian state. While the  government
is wasting billions of dollars from the almost empty  treasury in order to
construct the fence, it is cruelly slashing  welfare allocations, thus
dealing a lethal blow to the poor and  disadvantaged Israeli citizens.

This is not the way to prevent suicide bombings, but rather to  further
aggravate the misery, despair and hatred and to perpetuate  the
conflict for further generations.

Today we say to the Israeli government: this evil wall is not being  built
in our name!

The true and only way to stop the suicide bombings and  bloodshed is
through a mutual agreement that will end the  occupation and
oppression, which give birth to the endless  bloodshed.

   Does your name appear already? If not you can stilkl do it:
   Sign up Hebrew/English      / /  çéúîå òáøéú/àðâìéú
   <http://www.gush-shalom.org/petitions/stop/index.html>
  or by sending email to: <gader_ad at yahoo.com>
  checks made out to  “Ha’aretz Newspaper” to the address:
  POB 2030, Jerusalem  91020 [NB: earlier we had a mistake in the
zip!] .   Further information: Itay 067-300697.

2#  Monday 23.02 at 7.30 pm - Protest Rally outside the Prime
Minister’s       Residence J'lem
      N.B.: There will be transportation from Tel-Aviv and Haifa.
      RESERVE YOUR SEAT *and* receive details re where & when
      via  the Gush answering machine:  03-5221732

3# Refusers-update & action Sunday

A new refusenik, Laura Milo - join us on Sunday

From:           	"Anat Matar" <matar at post.tau.ac.il>

“On Sunday, I’ll report to the induction base and say once again that I
refuse to enlist.”

Laura Milo, age 19,
Ending a year of community service in Yerucham
Will report to the main induction base (“Bakum”)

On Sunday February 22nd, at 7.30 a.m.

We’ll accompany Laura with a protest vigil

At the gate to the Tel-Hashomer induction center (“Lishkat hagiyus”)

Affirming her right to exemption from service on grounds of conscience;
Calling the army “Conscience Committee” to retract its decision that,
“Her
problem isn’t one of conscience.”

Laura wrote:
I cannot take part in the injustices that our country carries out through
the IDF. I am not a pacifist; my objection is to the occupation.

I went to Yerucham … with a sense of pioneering,
forming a new model of community work
Through the young people I worked with and my personal experience
I encountered the ugliness of our society
The injustice guiding the policies of our government
The work … reinforced my sense of duty to create something different.

It is my conscientious duty to tell my truth fully.
I will refuse out of a deeply personal motive:
So I can go on living in this country
At peace with what my conscience tells me.
***

Inbal Gelbert is serving a third term in military prison;
Adam Maor, Haggai Matar, Matan Kaminer, Noam Bahat and Shimri
Tzameret are serving a second year in prison - All denied the right to
exemptions on
grounds of conscience.

The “Shministim”; New Profile; The Refusers’ Parents Forum; Yesh Gvul Ask
you to join the our call for: Freedom to live by one’s conscience -
Freedom to refuse crimes of oppression and occupation.

For additional details: Lotahn 053-257242
Buses to the “Bakum” gate: 45, 55, 64, 70
Donations to New Profile and to The Refusers’ Parents Forum Can be sent
to: POB 3454, Ramat Hasharon 47100

P.S.
re the exemption of the army (at last) of Yoni Ben-Artzi

English
<http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=396360>
Hebrew
<http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=396490>

and re the five being transfered to a civilian prison:

English only
<http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/395885.html>

--
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú/Hebrew)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/english/index.html (English)

with
\\photos of recent actions
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad
\\the columns of Uri Avnery
\\Gush Shalom's history & action chronicle
\\position papers & analysis (in "documents")
\\and a lot more

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

In order to receive Gush Shalom's Hebrew-language
press releases mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.