[GushShalom] Israeli Voice Against the Wall - plans for tomorrow

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Sun Feb 22 17:55:10 IST 2004

GUSH SHALOM  pob 3322, Tel-Aviv  61033 www.gush-shalom.org

[We hereby forward the press release of  the Israeli Coalition Against the
Wall - a wide coaltion of peace groups of which Gush Shalom is part.]

Hebrew at request / òáøéú òì ôé á÷ùä

Press Release
Tel-Aviv, February 22. 2004

ISRAELI VOICE AGAINST THE WALL

Tomorrow, Monday, 23 February 2004 at 8.00 p.m.
Opening Day of the Hearing in Hague about the Legality of the Wall
Demonstration against the Wall
Opposite the Prime Minister's Residence, Jerusalem

"The terrible attack in Jerusalem today strengthens our opinion that the
policy of Occupation and dispossession of the Palestinians, as expressed
in the building of the Wall within the Palestinian Territories, does not
bring us peace," say activist organizations holding protest activities
against the Separation Wall.

Tomorrow, 23 February at 8.00 p.m., activist organizations participating in
the "Israeli Voice against the Wall" will hold a protest demonstration
opposite the Prime Minister's residence in Jerusalem.

Protesters will demand the immediate cessation of the building of the Wall
and removal of those sections already built which cause indescribable
suffering to the Palestinian population. For the demonstration, a symbolic
wall will be built in front of the Prime Minister's residence, and during the
demonstration protesters will call for its removal.

"This is what will eventually occur to the real Wall, it will fall as did the
Berlin Wall", say demonstration organizers.

"On this day, in which the most respected international legal forum will
commence discussions concerning the legality of the Wall which tears
apart the Occupied Territories, we chose not to travel to the Hague, but to
demonstrate here in Jerusalem against the man who brought us this
sorrow: Ariel Sharon. As Israelis concerned for the future and security of
Israel, we want to send a strong and clear message to the Prime Minister:
"You are not building this evil Wall in our name, we completely and utterly
reject the contention that it is meant to protect us".

The demonstration planned in Jerusalem is the height of a series of protest
events which include other demonstrations and a mass petition of Israeli
citizens against the Wall (full text attached). The following organizations
participate in this Coalition against the Wall: Alternative Information
Center, Gush Shalom, Israeli Committee against House Demolitions,
MachsomWatch, Rabbis for Human Rights, Ta'ayush (Arab-Jewish
Partnership), Women's Coalition for a Just Peace and Yesh Gvul.

For additional details:
Niv Gordon:  053-368603 / 02-5812275
Yana Zifferblat: 065-620972
Hulud Badawi: 067-469738
Na'ama Nagar: 052-245788
Adam Keller:  03-5565804 / 056-709603
Leena: 057 255218, 02 6241159

In order to receive regularly Gush Shalom's Hebrew-language
press releases mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

--
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú/Hebrew)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/english/index.html (English)

with
\\photos of recent actions
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad
\\the columns of Uri Avnery
\\Gush Shalom's history & action chronicle
\\position papers & analysis (in "documents")
\\and a lot more

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.