[GushShalom] Carnival & killings

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Mon Mar 8 19:27:39 IST 2004

GUSH SHALOM - pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 - www.gush-shalom.org/

The campaign which we starteded re the new case of settler landgrab in
Yatta is gaining momentum; we are now in the process of approaching
Knesset Members and Israeli journalists.  ACRI (Civil Rights Association)
is likely to take up a judicial action on the case. Not yet to late to send
your email of fax. Here are additional addresses (one or two of the earlier
ones may bounce):

  UN Secretary General Kofi Annan <kannan at un.org>;
  Secretary of State Colin Powell, Fax: +1-202-261-8577;
  Office of the Special Middle East Coordinator - fax: +1 202 647 4808

The macabre combination of carnival & killings is commented and reported
in the following choice of  messages received from partners in the wider
struggle.

[] Purim: carnival for Jews - harassment for Arabs
    report from Nina Mayorek and Victoria Buch of MachsomWatch
[] Report on two days of struggle against the wall - Arik Asherman
[] Beit Duqqu protest - photos on the internet
[]  “We are winning" says the general. Dr. Gershon Baskin's disagrees
     - contemplations at the asymmetrical battle.
[] The good soldier schweigt
   Tamar Rotem in Ha'aretz on conference of testimonies