[GushShalom] A change in public opinion? Maybe.

Gush Shalom (Israeli Peace Bloc) info at gush-shalom.org
Sun Nov 2 14:20:32 IST 2003

GUSH SHALOM  pob 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 www.gush-shalom.org

The organizers of the annual Rabin Memorial did everything to keep a low
political profile, but the banners brought by activists expressed what this
crowd stood for: LEAVE THE TERRITORIES / SHARON GO HOME!
This year, also the streets around the big  Tel-Avivian square were totally
filled, and even the most sceptical estimates spoke of  100 000.  And our
stickers - with the photo of the Rabin-Arafat handshake - were grabbed
from our hands and glued to their clothes especially by the many young.

[] Selection from the Israeli media reporting of the memorial
[] Read Avnery on  the word Murder & Settlement expansion in 15 steps
[]  Saturday, anti-wall events in the framework of international campaign
[] "Netzarim settlement no longer worth the price" - a spontaneous demo

                                \\// //\\ \\// //\\ \\//

[] Selection from the Israeli media reporting of the memorial

#Haaretz:
`But the banners were all political, and very specific: "Leave the territories -
 save the country," "The Geneva Accord - New Hope."'

English
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/355954.html

Hebrew
http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArtPE.jhtml?itemNo=356267
&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0

#Jerusalem Post:
"the rally had deep political undertones and was hailed as something of a
comeback for the dormant center-left."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFul
l&cid=1067676022459
					***

[] Read Avnery on  the word Murder & Settlement expansion in 15 steps

òáøéú/Hebrew
http://www.gush-shalom.org/archives/article274_heb.html

English:
http://www.gush-shalom.org/archives/article274.html

[]  Saturday, anti-wall events in the framework of international campaign

òáøéú îö"á

   Gush Shalom is taking part in the Coaltion Against The Wall (full
participants list not yet available) which plans two actions on Saturday - a
Saturday night demonstration in the Cinemateque Square - for which was
done leafletting in the  Rabin Memorial, and in the morning a protest near
the wall in Abu Dis   [more detailed information in Hebrew only, in
attachment]

[] "Netzarim settlement no longer worth the price" - a spontaneous demo
   Left and right demonstrating jointly in Negev

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/355999.html

--
Did you read the GET OUT OF GAZA editorial
of Haaretz, October 27, 2003 ?

!!!N.B.!!!
Hanan Ashrawi - Palestinian legislator and peace activist under attack
Please, sign the petition to defend her
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/439042231

--
http://www.gush-shalom.org/ (òáøéú)
http://www.gush-shalom.org/english/index.html (English)

with
\\photos - of actions or otherwise informative
\\the weekly Gush Shalom ad - in Hebrew and English
\\the columns of Uri Avnery - in Hebrew, Arab and English
\\position papers & analysis (in "documents")
\\and a lot more

N.B.:
On the Gush Shalom website links for:
Articles and documents in German, French and Spanish

In order to receive our Hebrew-language
press releases [mostly WORD documents -
not always same as English] mail to:
gush-shalom-heb-request at mailman.gush-shalom.org
+ NB: write the word "subscribe" in the subject line.

If you want to support Gush Shalom's activities you can
send a cheque or cash, wrapped well in an extra piece
of paper to:

Gush Shalom
pob 3322
Tel-Aviv 61033
Israel

or ask us for charities in your country which receive
donations on behalf of Gush Shalom

Please, add your email address where to send our
confirmation of receipt. More official receipts at
request only.